Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Pictures

.
Brad DaleAnthony Mattei


CJ and the blind man




Tommy Shirley.





Getting ready


.
Renegades in a brainstorm





Tom Burkett and Coach sharing a joke. That's what it's all about.


.
Coach Black thinking, man, would I like to get my hands around that umps neck.









.
I'd like to say a few words about all of my players one at a time. I'll start with the guys who are too old to come back next year.
Now, I gotta tell you I honestly have never been more fond of a group of players in my life.
This was a great group, good or bad, win or lose.
.





.
This is Cole Taylor practicing his putts before the game.








Kyle Bowser








.
After getting tossed the other day, I remembered my favorite tossing. Yes, it was as a player and that's me #20. You can see the ump right in my grill. Hey, he shrunk the strike zone on me. What can I say? This pic is right before the tossing and right after I said the umps mother and father were related.











Josh Nagle





Tom Burkett






Zack Martin;
I've never seen anyone take more off season cuts ever. But that isn't the only reason he's so good.
You are born with that talent. That came from somewhere deep in the gene pool.
That swing is just a work of art. His personality is one of a kind and I wish he could be here every year.
I just cracked up every time he let out those spontaneous yells from the outfield.
I don't think I've ever had that confident a feeling while one of my players came up to bat.
We just knew something was going to happen.
To drive from downtown Pittsburgh to Johnstown for that many games and love doing it says something about you.
With that tenacious personality, he'll be successful at whatever he does.
Zack, it's been a real pleasure.

Zack Martin





Point Stadium dugout

Cole Taylor



OF, IF, P Brad Dale - Ahhh, Brad Dale. Everyone has seen this guy step it up for us. If not for him we would have had 5 or 6 less wins. He was rock solid coming in to 3rd not playing there before. He plays 100% all the time. We'll miss seeing that smile. A great player that is loved by all. I wish we could clone 9 guys just like him. It's been a real blast being around him the last 2 years.


Pitcher, 1st base Cole Taylor





OF Tommy Kelly - Tommy is one of my first recruits. One of my absolute favorites. He's almost like another coach to me. Nobody thinks about the game like him. He never makes mental mistakes, and has the skills to impress anyone. He's the complete player. He's loves playing more than anyone. We hate to lose you, Tommy. Good luck.









OF, 1st base Zack Martin





Catcher Josh Nagle - Josh has been with us since the beginning. He has driven so far for more games and practice than anyone. Even on games he knew he wasn't playing. I'll miss that power that can change a game with one swing. He's done everything that was asked of him without saying a word. A great guy on and off the field. That gun will be hard to replace. Good luck, Josh.














Pitcher Eric Bruno - What can you say about Eric. The Pete Vuckovich award winner. I don't say this lightly, but I loved watching him pitch more than anyone in years. The animation and passion was just fantastic. I was very privileged to have him on my team. I wish he could return every year. I'll follow him at IUP this year. Thanks for a great year, Eric.



SS Anthony Mattei





C.J. McCoy - I can say I've never played with or coached a more complete player in my life. He has been an absolute joy for me. No matter what the situation, C.J. was positive. He even pulled me up more than once. He played 100% and was never down once. He'll make a great teacher someday. We're going to miss him. We'll miss his trademark "eh-ya-go"

Catcher Chad C.J. McCoy